Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references must come from James, R. K., & Gilliland, B. E. (2017). I have attached the document that you will need to complete this assignment. Complete Part 2: Disaster Response Resources. Find resources in McLennan County in Texas. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 10/04/18 at 7pm.
Crisis Response Portfolio Part 2: Disaster Response Resource
You will find that having a quick-reference information resource that contains content you need to know related to the crisis response requirements of the American Red Cross, and for your local and national community, will be a very useful part of your Crisis Response Portfolio.
For this Part 2 of your Crisis Response Portfolio, you will explore the necessary resources needed for appropriate disaster response in your local community.
· Create a section in your Crisis Response Portfolio called “Disaster Response Resources”
· Search your American Red Cross local chapter for information related to crisis response requirements.
· Search your local and national community resources for information related to crisis response requirements.
· Consider the steps required to provide psychological first aid to crisis victims.
Assignment: Part 2:
In your section called “Disaster Response Resources” of your Crisis Response Portfolio, include:
· Information related to your local chapter of the American Red Cross as it relates to crisis response requirements.
· Information from your local and national community resources related to crisis response requirements.
· The steps required to providing psychological first aid to crisis victims.
James, R. K., & Gilliland, B. E. (2017). Crisis intervention strategies (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning. Chapter 17, “Disaster Response”
American Red Cross. (2018a). Become a disaster mental health volunteer. Retrieved from http://www.redcross.org/become-a-disaster-mental-health-volunteer
Note: To find the media, look specifically for the title on the website page, “Interested in Learning More?” Take the 30-minute Disaster Mental Health Introduction course to learn more about Red Cross Disaster Mental Health.
American Red Cross. (2018b). Disaster training. Retrieved from http://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/disaster-training
American Counseling Association. (2018). Trauma and disaster. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/knowledge-center/trauma-disaster
United States Department of Homeland Security, FEMA. (2011). A whole community approach to emergency management: Principles, themes, and pathways for actions. Retrieved from https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/20130726-1813-25045-0649/whole_community_dec2011__2_.pdf
Meyers, L. (2017). Lending a helping hand in disaster’s wake. Counseling Today. Retrieved from https://ct.counseling.org/2017/07/lending-helping-hand-disasters-wake/