NU310-6: Synthesize research evidence for best practice to improve patient outcomes.
Read this Article
The purpose of this assignment is for you to incorporate research evidence into a clinical model for a practice change. Using the Iowa Model for Evidence Based Practice as a guide, develop a concept map/schematic that shows the pathways necessary for a clinical change that you would like to see implemented in your current practice setting.
The concept map should include the 7 steps below in schematic format:
1. Formulate a clinical problem that is nursing sensitive and patient focused. Develop a PICO statement to articulate a research question>
P=Population (Who is your population of interest to be affected?)
I= Intervention (What intervention will you implement to address the clinical problem?)
C= Comparison (Will you be comparing one intervention with another or an intervention with existing protocols?)
O= Outcome (What is the desired outcome from the intervention?)
T= Time (How long will the change take to implement?)
2. Determine organizational commitment
3. Develop a team to gather and appraise evidence
4. Determine if reasonable evidence exists to implement the clinical change
5. Implement a pilot change to test the feasibility
6. Evaluate the change/plan
7. Disseminate the results.
The post Synthesize research evidence for best practice to improve patient outcomes. appeared first on ukbestwriting.com.