Each week you will have a Discussion Board (DB). Please respond to each question listed. Please respond by addressing each question/item individually. For example,
You must cite at least one (1) reference for each question and provide a reference list at the end of the post. Please use APA 7th edition. References must be no more than 5 years old.
Questions to Answer
The focus of this assignment is to begin to think about healthcare policy, the process of policy-making, and the role of the nurse in policy. Please post a response specific to each of the following items. You must address each component of each item.
Please write responses to each of the 5 items below—-Module 1 Discussion Board:
1. Why has nursing made policy and political competence such a strong part of the nursing curriculum and role development?
2. Discuss ways that you have been active as a policymaker or could be active. (you should discuss ways a registered nurse can be active as a policymaker and/or ways a future psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner can be active as a policy maker)
3. Discuss examples of advocacy you see in your practice or in the practice of others? Advocacy in this form does not refer to bedside advocacy on behalf of your patient. This item is specific to policy advocacy such as with your professional organization, with a consortium, etc.
4. Discuss barriers to effective nursing advocacy? What are ways to mitigate these barriers?
5. Discuss the importance of ethics in health care policy.
NOTE: Please answer questions in this format; type the question, answer the question you typed then support with a reference or two. At the end of all 5 questions, attach the list of all references used using APA 7th edition format.
Read chapters 1-8 and 14 from Mason, D. J., Dickson, E.L., Perez, G.A., & McLemore, M.R. (Eds.). (2021). Policy & politics in nursing and health care (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier. ISBN: 978-0323554985
Pay particular attention to the following: Social determinants of health, forces that shape policy, examples of nursing’s role in policy and advocacy, components of political advocacy and competence, Longest policy process, steps in policy analysis, and the ethics of influencing policy.
NOTE: I payed for four pages, it doesn’t have to be up to 4 pages, this is a discussion board assignment, less is more, thanks.
CHAPTERS 1-8 AND 14 has been emailed to the onefreelance email
. WITH nursingtermpapers.us AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT!
The post Introduction to Policy in Nursing and Healthcare appeared first on nursingtermpapers.us.
Introduction to Policy in Nursing and Healthcare was first posted on March 18, 2021 at 3:36 am.©2019 "nursingtermpapers.us". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org