A. Discuss the impact of a clinical practice problem on the patient(s) and the organization it affects.
PARTS A1 AND A2 I HAVE FILLED IN ALREADY AS IT WILL BE THE PAPER TOPIC
1. Identify the following PICO components of the clinical practice problem:
â€¢ patient/population/problem (P): Falls among elderly patients
â€¢ intervention (I): Physical exercise
â€¢ comparison (C): compared to lack of physical exercise
â€¢ outcome (O): Fall prevention
2. Develop an evidence-based practice (EBP) question based on the clinical practice problem discussed in part A and the PICO components identified in part Note:
MY QUESTION IS: Will incorporating physical exercise into the elderly patients routine prevent falls compared to lack of exercise?
B. Select a RESEARCH-BASED ARTICLE that answers your EBP question from part A2 to conduct an evidence appraisal.
1. Discuss the background or introduction (i.e., the purpose) of the research article.
2. Describe the research methodology.
3. Identify the level of evidence using the Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice (JHNEBP) model.
Note: The article you select should not be more than five years old. Note: Refer to â€œAppendix E: Research Evidence Appraisal Toolâ€ for information on how to level a research-based article.
4. Summarize how the researcher analyzed the data in the article.
5. Summarize the ethical consideration(s) of the research-based article. If none are present, explain why.
6. Identify the quality rating of the research-based article according to the JHNEBP model.Note: Refer to â€œAppendix E: Research Evidence Appraisal Toolâ€ for information on how to establish the quality rating.
7. Analyze the results or conclusions of the research-based article and explain how the article helps answer your EBP question.
C. Select a NON-RESEARCH ARTICLE from a peer-reviewed journal that helps to answer your EBP question from part A2 to conduct an evidence appraisal.
1. Discuss the background or introduction (i.e., the purpose) of the non-research article.
2. Describe the type of evidence (e.g., case study, quality improvement project, clinical practice guideline).
3. Identify the level of evidence using the JHNEBP model.Note: The article you select should not be more than five years old. Note: Refer to â€œAppendix F: Non-Research Evidence Appraisal Toolâ€ for information on how to level the non-research-based article.
4. Identify the quality rating of the non-research-based article according to the JHNEBP model.
5. Discuss how the authorâ€™s recommendation(s) in the article helps to answer your EBP question.
D. Recommend a practice change that addresses your EBP question using both the research and non-research articles you selected for Part B and Part C.
1. Explain how you would involve three key stakeholders in supporting the practice change recommendation.
2. Discuss one specific barrier you may encounter when implementing the practice change recommendation.
3. Identify one strategy that could be used to overcome the barrier discussed in part D2.
4. Identify one outcome (the O component in PICO) from your EBP question to measure the recommended practice change.
E. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted 7 th edition in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
. WITH nursingtermpapers.us AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT!