To provide healthcare managers with an understanding of the important issues concerning leadership, change and strategy in the healthcare system.
On successful completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Appraise the importance of leadership in organisations and contrast the functions of leadership and management.
2. Critique various traditional, new and modern leadership models and critically assess the strengths and weaknesses of those models in applied settings.
3. Evaluate the concept of situational leadership and demonstrate the importance of flexibility in leadership style.
4. Conduct an in-depth analysis of their preferred leadership style and consider its implications for their work and for the development of their leadership capability.
5. Interpret the concept of strategy and describe the formulation and implementation of strategic plans
6. Evaluate the impact of the external and internal environmental factors on strategy and change management and conduct a strategic analysis on their organisations and its environment using a variety of tools.
Based on the case study, Adrian Ivinson at the Harvard Centre for Neurodegeneration and Repair (5-407-004) answer the following three questions:
1. Using your knowledge of leadership theory and practice describe and critically assess Adrian Ivinson’s leadership.
2. Taking a change leadership perspective OR a strategic management perspective, describe and critically assess Adrian Ivinson’s leadership of the Centre over the past five years.
3. If you were Adrian Ivinson, what would your plan of action be over the coming year?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH CHEAP NURSING TUTORS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Critique various traditional, new and modern leadership models and critically assess the strengths and weaknesses of those models in applied settings. appeared first on Cheap Nursing Tutors.