Tracking the spread of diseases can be an intricate, complex, and labor-intensive process. As a result,
automated surveillance systems utilizing algorithms are employed to interpret data. Develop a simple
to interpret data related to the disease or condition you selected for Order # 319984694
. To aid your development, review your Learning Resources and research the construction of algorithms.
Write a 2-page paper that addresses the following:
• Identify the indicators you chose to include and explain why they are appropriate.
• Describe the logical process of the algorithm (you may wish to illustrate using a diagram).
• Justify any other salient features of the algorithm.
• Evaluate the strengths and limitations of the algorithm.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations
this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate.
Disease Surveillance: A Public Health Informatics Approach
• Chapter 4, “Alerting Algorithms for Biosurveillance”
Kulldorff, M. (2001). Prospective time periodic geographical disease surveillance using a scan statistic.
of Royal Statistical Society, 164(1), 61–72.
Taubenberger, J. K., & Morens, D. M. (2006, January). 1918 influenza: The mother of all pandemics.
Infectious Diseases, 12(1), 15–22.
The post Creating an Algorithm appeared first on nursing writers.