We are in the final week and some of you still have a few papers to catch up on. You can still do this in the final week but for a few less points because of being tardy. This week we will be discussing mental health and medications. We will focus on Co-occurring disorders (COD). This is a very important part of the counseling field these days. The assignment is the final is the Short Answer Worksheet which is due on Wednesday, the final day of class. DO NOT USE QUOTES for this assignment. Only write IN YOUR OWN WORDS.
Complete the Topic 8 Short Answer Worksheet.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
3) Describe the behavioral, psychological, physical health, and social effects of psychoactive drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, on the consumer and significant others.
9) Understand the established diagnostic criteria for substance dependence and abuse, and describe treatment modalities and placement criteria within the continuum of care.
14) Be familiar with medical and pharmaceutical resources in the treatment of addictive disease and other substance-related disorders.
16) Recognize that crisis may indicate an underlying substance abuse problem, and may represent a window of opportunity for change.
20) Understand the addiction professional’s obligation to adhere to generally accepted ethical and behavioral standards of conduct in the helping relationship.
52) Arrange referrals to other professionals, agencies, community programs, or other appropriate resources to meet client needs.
103) Describe warning signs, symptoms, and the course of addictions.