Write a 750-1,000-word assignment that gives a general overview of commonly used substance use disorder treatment approaches. In addition, you are to select two common approaches and compare their similarities and differences.
Include the following in your assignment:
Consider using the following level-one APA headings in your paper to help organize the content:
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: 4.1: Assess valid and reliable research to answer questions for an identified problem, concern, or professional counseling intervention.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
5) Describe the philosophies, practices, policies, and outcomes of the most generally accepted models of treatment, recovery, relapse prevention and continuing care for addiction and other substance-related problems.
8) Appreciate the value of an interdisciplinary approach to addiction treatment.
10) Describe a variety of helping strategies for reducing the negative effects of substance abuse and dependency.
13) Appreciate the need to adapt practice to the range of treatment settings and modalities.
54) Exchange relevant information with the agency/professional to whom the referral is being made, in a manner consistent with confidentiality regulations and generally accepted professional standards of care.
63) Understand terminology, procedures, and the roles of other disciplines related to the treatment of addiction.
64) Contribute as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.